Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day - just another day around here

My week started great. We got a head start on Sunday night with reading and a math test. You should have seen my kids faces when I insisted they take that test on a Sunday night! They were not happy.

I wrote out lists for them Sunday night, and they woke up and started them first thing. They did math, reading, bible, piano, typing, and handwriting.

Then we did some Spanish and Science. They went on a scavenger hunt to find things that are alive. They had checklists with the 6 questions to ask if something is alive. Do you know those 6 questions?

Then daddy started playing a WW2 game and we were all sucked in. Our lesson in art was on landscapes, so I had them draw a Japanese island landscape as inspired by the video game. I gave them their spelling test while they watched too.

Then we went to the pool, and we never got around to any more school until this evening. I am happy to say that I read everything on my list. Our history reading happened to be about Japan. I did not plan that.

It was a good day.

No comments: